I’m thinking of building a definitive list of books on web development. Software development in general should not be forgotten, but the focus of the list would be in great web software development.
Only the best books would be listed so that the list could serve as an educational tool. This is why I am asking your help.
What are your favorites? Let me know in the comments! Books on specific server-side technologies are fine too, the list will be categorized.
Without too much thought, here is a short list of 20 books to get you started:
- RESTful Web Services
- Code Complete
- Don’t Make Me Think!
- Designing with Web Standards
- Letting Go of the Words
- Web Analytics: An Hour a Day
- High Performance Web Sites
- The Pragmatic Programmer
- Bulletproof Web Design
- Prioritizing Web Usability
- The Productive Programmer
- Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware
- Practices of an Agile Developer
- Clean Code
- Agile Software Development with Scrum
- Extreme Programming Explained
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
- Implementation Patterns
- Agile Estimating and Planning
- Object Thinking
The last 10 books suggested by Sami Poimala, thanks! (I now have to actually read all those.)